Trends to Try

Day three of Spring Break 2016 is upon us and with it another post!

In today's post I will be talking about a few of my favourite trends for the upcoming spring and summer season and how to style them (with pins!) Let's get into it then!



1 // Mixing Florals

This spring I am super into wearing mixed florals. With this trend I say the more mismatched the better just try to match at least one colour between the two, I also find if you are going really wild to stick to a similar size floral. If your colour scheme is similar between the two then you should opt for different sized florals to really mix it up and create interest.

2 // Boudoir 

While I have not tackled this trend yet, I am dying to get my hands on something lacy to try it out. This trend is all about channelling that soft sexiness of lingerie into your day to day clothes. The best way to pull off the boudoir look is to pair a lace bralette with a pair of high rise jeans (No holes in those jeans, this look is all about class-not that ripped jeans can't be classy, this look is just better without them) and a tailored blazer or cardigan.

3 // Victorian

Oh baby do I love this trend! The ruffles and stiff collars of the Victorian era are on the rise and were spotted on  runways all over fashion week. The best way to take the haute couture Victorian styles and convert them to ready to wear silhouettes is to find a blouse with ruffles and pleats in a structured cut. (Like here, here, and here)

4 // Raw Hems

Oh boy oh boy, raw hems are in style and I am rejoicing! Not only for the raw hems though, I'm just so glad capri jeans are in style. I was not blessed with abnormally long legs and therefore almost always have to get my jeans shortened, but I've found that most capri jeans actually fit me like ankle grazers without all the extra hemming! Anyway, I just love the cool laid-back look raw hems give off. They have that farm-girl-meets-street-style look that only gingham prints have been able to capture before. 

5 // Cold Shoulders

In the past I was not a real fan of this cut, but if you take any advice away from today it's that you should always get out there and try styles and trends that you're not sure about! You never know it might become your next favourite ;) I love cold shoulder dresses because they can be cool and playful but still chic and different at the same time.

And as always, thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment