Stripes // A Collaboration with The Girl With The Heels



Hello! Today is a very exciting day (I feel like I've said that so many times, but today it really is!) When I began this blog, the thought of collaborating with anyone else seemed like a far-off dream. One day I checked up on my blog and could not believe my eyes... There was a comment! Not only was it my first comment, but it was the sweetest message from a girl named Alicia. Who knew that from that comment my first e-friendship would lead to us meeting off-screen! So, we thought, why not come together and do a collab post styling one of my personal favourites (and, by chance, a shirt we both have) this striped tee from Kate Spade Saturday! I will now hand this post over to Alicia who will introduce her most adorable self and tell you all about the outfits at hand. Enjoy ;)



Hey everyone, I’m Alicia- the fashion blogger behind The Girl With The Heels. As Gwyn already mentioned before, I’m also the girl who left the first comment on her blog which started an amazing internet friendship that I hope will last for years and years to come! Okay, moving on from that mushy note, let’s get right down to the post that Gwyn and I had a lot of fun putting together for you all! We thought it would be fun to style a top that we both had in our closets- thus creating two different stylish looks; both featuring an extremely versatile and beautiful striped tee by Kate Spade’s Saturday brand. For my outfit, I went with the classic, fool-proof black and white colour combo that never fails. I wanted my outfit to have a classy but casual enough vibe to go out for lunch and walk around a little bit after. Pairing my striped tee with black stretch pants, I also pulled out a pair of black loafers to add a little masculine/vintage element to my outfit. Speaking of the loafers, the gave me a super painful blister! (They were just a tad on the big side.) Learn from me everybody- DO NOT WEAR SHOES THAT ARE TOO BIG FOR YOU! Moving on from my rant (you’ll notice if you read my blog, that I like to rant A LOT!) and continuing on with the outfit, I also took my trusty Kate Spade purse along with my new Michael Kors watch I got just the other day. To complete my polished but laidback look, my hair went up into a bun and my outfit was finished with a pair of cat-eyes and red lipstick. Voila! That was my version of a look that featured the beautiful Kate Spade Saturday striped tee! Thanks for reading everybody, and now I’ll turn over the remainder of this post back to Gwyn:)






Thanks Alicia! I hope you enjoyed this post as much as we enjoyed creating it! Be sure to pop over to Alicia’s blog and check out a post or two (I swear you’ll be hooked ;). -See Alicia’s blog here to read her version of our collab and hear me talk a little about the inspiration behind my outfit!
A little physics for you because I've gotta throw a formula wall in here somewhere ;)

Thanks for reading!

Alicia's Outfit //
Top, Kate Spade Saturday // similar here
Jeggings // here
Shoes, Liz Claiborne // similar here
Handbag, Kate Spade // unavailable
Watch, Michael Kors // here
Sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana // here
Lips, Chanel #444 // here

My Outfit //
Top, Kate Spade Saturday // similar here
Shorts, Aritzia // similar here for 50% off! 
Shoes, Michael Kors // here
Bucket Bag, Kelsi Dagger // here
Necklace, J. Crew // unavailable, but I love this one



2 comments: