Slope // A Fall Mountain Ootd




The formula for slope is rise/run and while the mountains are much to big to measure entirely, by just taking the measurements of a chunk you can very roughly figure out the slope of a mountain. I like to think of the mountains that way. They are so gargantuan and dwarf everything else in sight that it's comforting to know that even if you cannot climb it you can conquer it through formulas and substitution. 


Okay, that sounded pretty nerdy, but really math can be applied to life in so many ways. There is even math in fashion. Measurements to create clothing, sizing, making sure outfits are balanced, understanding what silhouettes fit the curves and angles of your body, they all involved mathematical concepts and ideas. From the minute I decided to make a blog incorporating math and fashion, I knew it would be difficult. But as I've come up with more outfits and experimented with different aspects of fashion I've realized that it is not nearly as difficult as I once thought. Math is everywhere, even in the mountains.


Now, as much as I love math, there is another love of mine in this post, my red Team Canada jacket. In celebration of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics I purchased this coat and have been in love with I ever since! Every girl needs to have a stamens coat in their closet, especially if you reside in a colder climate as I do. Not only is this coat beautifully made, it is very warm and heavy. No joke, I'm pretty sure this coat weighs more than 10 pounds! I'm going to make a safe bet and say that's due to it being constructed in its entirety of wool. Nevertheless, I've had this coat for nearly a year and a half now and I still love it just as much as the day it was purchased!

Coat, The Bay // similar here and here (if you've got 1200 dollars lying around, I mean this jacket is crazy gorgeous ;)
Jeans, American Eagle // here
Shoes, Bloch London // unavailable
Bag, Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn // here

Do you have a statement piece that you are enamoured by?!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coat! And haha, funny story- my mum actually has that Burberry jacket in her closet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete