How to Pack a Carry-On

Hello lovelies! Today I'm going to be giving you a few tips on how to pack a carry-on efficiently and effectively.

If you'd like to know why I like to use a backpack as a carry-on, especially for flying, check out Monday's post here.

Here is what I like to pack in my carry-on:
1 // A pair of headphones (+ a spare) // These a re on obvious choice for travel if you are planning on listening to music or TV shows while you wait for your flight, while you're on your flight and every other time you see fit. The ones above are the Frends Layla headphones, I'm planning on doing a review of those before the holidays so keep an eye out for that.

2 // A book (or two ;) // I always take a book with me so that I at least have something o do if all my electronics die on me. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson is what I am currently reading, it is heart wrenching but quite good!

3 // A face mask // I received this sheet mask in my Glam Bag ages ago and thought, "Why not just through it in?!" I mean there is nothing funnier than the looks you get when you put this on while flying. I mean I only looked kind of psychotic ;)

4 // My glasses // After a long day of waiting and flying, waiting and flying your eyes can get dry and tired. Sometimes it's just nice to take out your contacts and throw on your glasses.

5 // Deodorant // Because who wants to smell like they've been on a hot plane all day?

6 // Fuzzy socks! // The first thing I do when I get on a plane is kick off my shoes and don these puppies!

7 // A colouring book (+ pencil crayons) // I was given this colouring book by my friend Julia and I am in love! I never thought I would enjoy colouring this much, but I do!. It's very therapeutic and helps time pass much faster on stuffy plane seats. ( Plus the fact that it's New York themed doesn't hurt ;)

8 // Lotion and dry shampoo // These two are very important! Airplane air is very drying so a nice lotion can really help. Dry shampoo is just a great, fresh pick-me-up after sitting in a tube for hours.

9 // Electronics // Make sure to download TV shows, magazines, music and games prior to the flight. I usually do this the night before, so that I don't forget in the morning. It's also a good idea to take the time to do any app or software updates and and then plug your devices in so they will be fully charged for your long day of travel. Don't forget the chargers as well!

Well I hope these tips gave you a few ideas on what to pack on your next flight! I will see you on Monday with day one in NYC!

And as always, thank you for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment