La Grand Palais // A Makeup Palette Review (With Swatches)

It has been a while since I've done a beauty related post, but the wait is over! I recently uploaded a Birthday post (here) and in it I said that I received some pretty great gifts; well today I am going to be doing a review of one of those gifts, the La Grand Palais Palette by Too Faced!

This beautiful set was gifted to me by my amazing  friends Erin and Sarah and I thought, why not do a review of this gorgeous gift set before the holidays? I have lots to talk about so let's just jump right into it!



Let's start with the obvious. This. Packaging. Is. Insane. I am so in love with the adorable box that turns into like a palace scene, ugh, so cute! Now that this is out of my system I'll give you a run down on what you actually get in side this beautiful box:
  • Better Than Sex Mascara // I definitely have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. It has a very dry mousse-y texture and some days it makes my lashes look thick and amazing, and others, clumpy and not so cute. If you're careful and don't apply too many coats this mascara does look pretty great on.
  • Melted Peony Lipstick // Can we talk about PIGMENTATION! This lipgloss/stick goes on buttery smooth and creates a beautiful, even layer that truly feels like melted lipstick.
  • Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer // Again, a love-hate product. While it keeps my shadow in check all day, if you leave this product too long it can become quite watery and almost separate. The tube also makes it kind of difficult to shake to redistribute the product as well.
  • The Palette! // Okay, so there is no love-hate relationship here! This palette has some gorgeous colours. While the majority of this palette is sparkly (I mean it is a holiday palette) there are a few really nice matte browns and blacks. My only advice is that you will need an eyeshadow primer with these shadows or else you could face some serious fallout.
Now for the best part, pictures and swatches, the swatches are in order from left to right on the palette with the leftmost shadows starting at my wrist. There are two rows on each arm.




Here are a few other pictures before I say goodbye for the day!







What do you this of this holiday set? Have you already started Christmas shopping?

As always, thank you for reading!

You can buy the palette here!





1 comment:

  1. That palette looks awesome! And no, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet but I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete