Duchess State of Mind // A Collaboration and Ootd










Hi everyone! Surprise, surprise! Gwyn and I are doing another blog takeover today! Very recently we discovered that you are able to add contributors to create content for your blog, and we got a little (and by a little, I mean very) overzealous about being able to write posts directly on each other's blogs! I think I am obsessed! Anyway, we decided to test out our newly acquired skill on today's blog posts that we've put together all about one of our recent adventures around the city! 

The Duchess Bakery is one of my favourite places ever in Edmonton because of its gorgeous glass cases filled with the most divine concoctions, intricate décor and fashionable ambiance. Naturally, because Gwyn is easily the most elegant, cultured girl I've ever met I'd always assumed she had to have been to the Duchess. However, I was shocked to find out that she had not! As soon as she told me that she hadn't been there before, I made it a top priority to carve out some time to make a trip to the Duchess with Gwyn, to have a nice chat whilst indulging on some decadent treats! We had a marvellous time! The richness and delicateness of my macaron gâteau and my meringue was almost worth the weight gain it probably caused me :P (I swear, after our trip I will never be able to put on pants again!) All jokes aside though, the great vibe, great food and most importantly, amazing company made for an extremely memorable time!

Now, let's talk outfit;) 

After our lunch/dessert, we drove over to down town to do some shopping (and window shopping;), and to take some pictures of our outfits. I absolutely love taking pictures of Gwyn- I feel like such an experienced photographer whenever I take her photos as they always turn out good since she is such a breathtaking subject to photograph! As well, Gwyn is also a gem when it comes to being behind the camera too! GORGEOUS, awesome photographer and brilliant at math?! What a triple threat;) While I can never look half as good as she does, she clearly knows what she is doing, as all her pictures turn out clear and transcendent. Anyway, after sending Gwyn multiple outfit photos prior to our outing, I finally settled on this little black and white number I picked up a few days back. I went with an all black and white coloured ensemble (with the exception of my salmon coloured nails:), aiming to pair the subtle elegance of this dress with some classic patent heels and my studded clutch. The hints of gold in the studs of this clutch work really well to accent my dress without overpowering it while my customary pearl studs just add a little more of a refined element. 

Well, that's all for today folks! I sincerely hope you enjoyed this post as we have had such a blast putting it all together! I kindly urge you to pop over to my blog, The Girl With The Heels to see Gwyn's exquisite outfit that she looks so splendid in! You can read Gwyn's half of our collab here. 

Thank you very much for reading, as always!

Dress, Simons // here
Clutch, Forever 21 // similar here
Heels, Manolo Blahnik // similar here
Studs, Tiffany & Co. // here



    
    



1 comment: