Manipulating the Variable // Coats

Parka, tunic, anorak, jacket, fleece, hoodie, whatever you call them they all serve the same purpose: to keep you nice and toasty. I love that coats keep me from freezing my fingers off, but my real love of them stems from their ability to spice up any outfit. They can be used to make a statement through texture, colour, detailing, and style in and of themselves, but they can also be layered and incorporated many different ways into a style. In this post I'm going to show you four of my favourite ways to style coats, vests, and jackets, so let's get started!


For the first look, I wanted to start with a lighter jacket. I love jean jackets because they're light but still feel substantial and will keep you warm. This beautiful one is actually from the Coach outlet in Seattle that I mentioned in this post. It was pretty pricy, but I managed to find it on sale for around $100 (including exchange). Since I really wanted to highlight the unique print on the jacket I decided to keep the rest of my outfit more or less monochromatic. I sided with a blue to really play off the colours in the jacket as well. Style tip // Try a chambray shirt in a light wash instead of a sweater for an on-trend, denim-on-denim look. 


I bought this coat for my last trip to New York and it was so perfect! The soft pink works well with every outfit, it's almost as versatile as black. A pastel coloured coat is great for those who want to make a statement but don't want to seem too over the top. I am in love with this sea foam green beauty from Banana Republic. 


This third outfit is by far my favourite of the four! As fall begins to sink it's ocher teeth further and further into Edmonton, the temperature keeps dropping. That means it is time to layer! I started with one of my favourite comfy pieces, this waffle weave top from Aritzia. Once I'm nice and cozy in my thermal top, I throw on this even cozier flannel and shrug on this cargo jacket. To play off the rugged "camper" look I also threw on a pair ripped jeans. Style tip // To really add a polished air to any outfit, accessorize with contrasting pieces. This feminine beanie from Kate Spade is both girly and outdoorsy sand it helps add a more feminine vibe to the outfit.


This fourth and final outfit incorporates one of my biggest splurge pieces of all time: this vest. Now I don't regret this purchase one bit for two reasons: this vest is so cozy but so, so chic and it is beautiful quality. Many of the pieces in this post are from Aritzia. Those of you who do not know what Aritzia is you can read a little bit about them here! Their clothes are fairly pricy, but the quality is top notch and the clothes are just beautiful. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and were inspired to try out a new jacket or two…or five ;) 

And as always, thank you so much for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Ahh so sorry I haven't been commenting on a regular basis like I usually do! I've had such a busy week plus my anxiety makes it really busy! Loving the outfits<3

    ReplyDelete