31 Degrees // A Halloween Ootd

I just wanted to pop in and type up a quick Halloween heart-to-heart before we don our costumes and set out on this spooky night! I'll start by wishing you all a fantastic (and safe!) Halloween!




This year I decided to be super original. I was…a ballerina doll! I know, Gwyn, the actual ballerina is *gasp* a ballerina for Halloween. In my defence, I have a closet full of old dance costumes that would otherwise go unworn, so I'm actually being very economically conscience here. Any who, I created the dolly-ish makeup using a few super simple tricks (thank you Pinterest). First of all, in order to make my eyes have that huge, doe-eyed quality I just used a white eyeliner and coloured both on and about half a centimetre below my waterline. This creates the illusion of the whites of your eyes actually being much larger than they actually are. To add to the big-eye affect, I added huge fake lashes on both the top and bottom (and by bottom I mean under the overdrawn part of my eye) lashes. Some porcelain foundation (which I already had because I am super fair, especially around this time of year), and some very pink blush just on the apples of my cheeks, and I was ready to hit the town, or should I say, toy-store ;).

I hope you enjoyed today's post and are as excited as I am for November and all of the fantastic posts in store!

And, of course, thank you for reading!



  

1 comment: