Geometry: A Retro Ootd

Helllllo! Today's outfit is very retro inspired: I've got the high-waisted shorts, black leather brogues, mixed geometric prints, and a pop of red in my lips and glasses. I also thought I would channel my inner Taylor Swift for this look in spirit of her new video "Bad Blood". I was never a huge Swiftie, but every song on her new album is actually so good that I think I might convert ;) 

In other news...The weather here has been beautiful lately and I couldn't wait to get out a few of my favourite pairs of shorts! There is just something about warm sunny weather that breathes life back into the world after such desolate winters. I also feel like spring breathes life into my wardrobe. Opening up my shorts-drawer after an eternity of jeans and sweaters makes me feel like I have endless more outfit combinations. 

Do you know what else warm weather means? That it's almost June and school is almost over. This school year has gone so incredibly fast, and I can't say I'm too thrilled. This week, it really hit me that I only have two years of school left before University :( I'm sure that when the time comes I'll feel ready to graduate, but for the time being the prospect of graduating seems insane!

Well, I guess I'll just have to make these last two years count!

Anything new and exciting happening in your life?

Top, Kate Spade Saturday
Shorts, Forever 21: similar here
Shoes, Bloch London
Necklace, J Crew: similar here  
My Glasses, Kate Spade: here (I got the lenses changed to my prescription)

2 comments:

  1. LOVING your shorts, and your shoes are adorable! <3 you're goals! I've been searching for a pair of high waisted shorts for such a long time but none of them seem to fit properly:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always find that I have to get the waist taken in when I buy high waisted shorts!

      Delete